Friday, December 31, 2010

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

Hello from Zanzibar!

We hope you had a wonderful holiday and a happy New Year! We look forward to giving you a report of our holiday travels as soon as we return, and in the meantime would like to leave you with an inspiring poem by activist and theologian Howard Thurman:

The Work of Christmas
by Howard Thurman

When the star in the sky is gone,
When the Kings and Princes are home,
When the shepherds are back with their flocks,
The work of Christmas begins.

To find the lost,
To heal the broken,
To feed the hungry
To release the prisoner,
To teach the nations,
To bring Christ to all,
To make music in the heart.

2 comments:

David said...

Hello Molly and Ryan,

I just cannot keep from commenting - not trying to monopolize the postings:)!!

This poem is such an inspiration to me at this point in my life. I have been praying about how God wants me to serve his creation. I am feeling a leading to do what I can do with people one on one. I am planning some changes in my time management that will help me make this a reality. This poem was absolutely timely.

We Love You Dave and Becky

Molly Dowell Baum said...

Uncle Dave,

I'm glad you found the poem inspiring. And thank you for your continued commitment to living out your faith and values. That is inspiring to me and many around you.

We love your comments--keep 'em coming! You're not monopolizing it at all.

Love,
Molly